cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW6.3 for S08 configuration PWMC of S08MP16 show error

Jump to solution
thoomanwang
Contributor V

Using CW 6.3 for S08 (processor expert 3.09) configuration S08MP16, used to drive the BLDC, set PWMC synchronization settings , the figure error , I ask , where is the problem ? How should I set up to achieve PWMC synchronized with the analog comparator .

未标题-2.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution
cristianzamfire
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The conflict is generated by simultaneous usage of software trigger and hardware triggers. The S08MP16 Reference Manual contains this note:

pastedImage_0.png

Software trigger is automatically enabled because it is used by the Load method of the PWMMC component. If you need to use external trigger you should disable the generation of the Load method in the PWMMC component. This will solve the conflict.

Best regards,

Cristian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
cristianzamfire
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The conflict is generated by simultaneous usage of software trigger and hardware triggers. The S08MP16 Reference Manual contains this note:

pastedImage_0.png

Software trigger is automatically enabled because it is used by the Load method of the PWMMC component. If you need to use external trigger you should disable the generation of the Load method in the PWMMC component. This will solve the conflict.

Best regards,

Cristian

0 Kudos
thoomanwang
Contributor V

thank your replay!

What is generally used in a soft way to generate soft starting it ? Timer? PDB? or other?
Can you provide a S08MP16 BLDC drive using processor expert configuration example, I have downloaded S08MP16 drive BLDC examples from the site , but have not seen for two days to sort out the logic relationships.

0 Kudos
cristianzamfire
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Synchronization software trigger is used by the method Load of PWMMC component, which must be called after using SetPeriod, SetDuty or other methods (as described in the component documentation) to apply the new settings.

Unfortunately I do not have an example of BLDC drive using processor expert on S08MP16.

Best regards,

Cristian

0 Kudos
thoomanwang
Contributor V

Thank your replay.

The remaining tests do it by myself .

I make a suggestion to the freescale company :
1 , please microchip learn about, like them to provide more routine for developers , so you can save time for developers and accelerate the process of listing ;
2 , learn to infineon company , system development software is free, so you can get more people and small companies can use freescale company's products, many big companies are to grow up from small companies, in the long run , only for large companies while ignoring small companies can lose their market companies , not to mention the freescale 's CW Special Edition for small companies can use , because the next CW Special Edition in many cases simply can not meet the needs.

Best regards,

Thooman

0 Kudos