Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom Development board

Jump to solution
paragmulay
Contributor I

Heylo!

I am using a freedom development board.

I want some help on downloading a sample code in the development board and getting starded.

I assume that the open sda mode will download the program.

Can anyone tell me if there is a step by step guide for the same.

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution
4 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Parag,

I suggest that you can also downlaod some relative documents of your board. Assume you have a FRDMKL25Z board, then you could download FRDM-KL25Z User's Manual,

OpenSDA - User Guide,FRDM-KL25Z Schematics, KL25's reference manualetc and datasheet,etc through FRDM-KL25Z: Freescale Freedom Development Platform for Kinetis KL14/15/24/25 MCUs

So you can visist the FSL website to search for some related documents about your board.

I hope my support can help.

Best regards,

Ping

paragmulay
Contributor I

Dear Ping/Erich:

Thanks for your support. The debug utility did work.

I want some step by step guide which will walk me through building simple "Hello World program" and downloading the same to Freedom Board. I have a freedom Development board and working on the same.

Regards,

Parag 

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

that might depend a little bit on the firmware you have loaded on the board. Usually the FRDM boards ship with an MSD (Mass Storage Device) bootloader, so you can copy S19 files to it, and it will program it.

For debugging you need to switch the firmware to the DebugApp.

OpenSDA on the Freedom KL25Z Board

gives an overview. I recommend that you look at the new P&E firmware (New P&E OpenSDA Firmware v114) which comes with a new bootloader, and has the debug app and MSD app combined. But you can use other firmware too (like from Segger or USBDM).

The reference site hosts as well tutorials and code examples around the FRDM board.

I hope this helps as a starter.