CW for Windows (again)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW for Windows (again)

JJakson
Contributor I
I am an old time code warrior from the MacOS, BeOS & Windows days, still mostly on BeOS actually. I know that Windows support is long gone but it couldn't hurt to ask for some alternatives

I am porting a portable Be C++ app to W2K and trying to merge in some large open source image libraries. I have used VC but found & ressurected an old CW for Windows Lite from an early CW for WIndows/Mac book and also an old lite download once hosted by MW-Moto.

The lite versions I have are v1.3xx and v3 so they are pretty old. I can sort of almost get my work done with the limited fixed projects since I may not be able to find the last commercial realease of CW for WIndows 8.

Q  What was the last version of the lite version of CW for Windows and is it still available anywhere at all or could someone who has it send it to me, I assume that would be okay?

Q Is anybody selling the CW for WIndows v8 as is. Nothing on ebay as far as I can find.

Thanks for any help

John

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

DBlake
Contributor I
What a small world, I found this thread looking for CW 8 for Windows because of Netware support and found another BeOS fan.

I think I've found a way to get CW 8.  I looks like it's bundled with this book.

Big C++ with WeL Total Java CD Metrowerks Codewarrior 8 and Sleve for Horstmann Big C++ Set (Paperback)

I just Googled the ISBN & found better deals.

Hope this helps.
D. Blake
0 Kudos

mccPaul
Contributor I
Hi

If you don't manage to get hold of the last version and don't want to use Visual Studio, you could try using Eclipse/GCC - there is a version aimed at Windows desktop development here:

Cheers,

Paul.
0 Kudos