AnsweredAssumed Answered

Dual display mode in Anroid (LCD + HDMI)

Question asked by Tomasz Nowak on Jan 14, 2014

Hello community,

I'm working on a project based on imx6Solo CPU. In opposite to the SabreSD reference board I would like to use Paralled LCD instead of the LVDS display.

I added LCD display by modifying the files board-mx6q_sabresd.c and mxc_lcdif.c (changes attached as lcd.txt).

After this change I was able to boot either using LCD

> setenv bootargs console=ttymxc2,115200 androidboot.console=ttymxc2 vmalloc=400M init=/init video=mxcfb0:dev=lcd,EWUZ,bpp=32 video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2:off fbmem=28M androidboot.hardware=freescale rw

or HDMI

> setenv bootargs console=ttymxc2,115200 androidboot.console=ttymxc2 vmalloc=400M init=/init video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,640x480@60,bpp=32 video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2:off fbmem=28M androidboot.hardware=freescale rw

Trying to use both at the same time

> setenv bootargs console=ttymxc2,115200 androidboot.console=ttymxc2 vmalloc=400M init=/init video=mxcfb0:dev=lcd,MYLCD,bpp=32 video=mxcfb1:dev=hdmi,640x480@60,bpp=32 video=mxcfb2:off fbmem=28M androidboot.hardware=freescale rw

resulted in the error:

mxc_sdc_fb mxc_sdc_fb.0: register mxc display driver lcd

mxc_sdc_fb mxc_sdc_fb.1: register mxc display driver hdmi

mxc_hdmi mxc_hdmi: Detected HDMI controller 0x13:0x1a:0xa0:0xc1

mxc_sdc_fb mxc_sdc_fb.1: ipu0-di0 already in use

mxc_sdc_fb: probe of mxc_sdc_fb.1 failed with error -16

I noticed that the LVDS display on SabreSD board is using disp_id = 1 and modified the file board-mx6q_sabresd.c accordingly:

Index: board-mx6q_sabresd.c

===================================================================

static struct fsl_mxc_lcd_platform_data lcdif_data = {

.ipu_id = ,

-    .disp_id = 0,

+    .disp_id = 1,

.default_ifmt = IPU_PIX_FMT_RGB565,

};

Unfortunatelly, after this change I'm not able to see anything on the LCD.

Do I have to force IPU to output LCD data using different display interface (DI1)?

How should I configure IOMUXC_GPR3?

Any help would be appreciated!

Tomasz

Original Attachment has been moved to: lcd.txt.zip

Outcomes