cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewing the licence for version 5.1 of Code Warrior

Jiun_Yong
Contributor III

Hi

We have products which use the MC9S12A256 processor (an older member of the HCS12 family). We have kept using Code Warrior version 5.1 as the new Eclipse version 10.5 does not seem to support our processor. I want to move this version of Code Warrior to a new PC. How do I rehost this version and get a new licence?

(The code size is much larger than 32kB so we cannot use the Evaluation version).

Many thanks

Steve

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

please follow below process to rehost.

We already have a FAQ on this regard. I extract this as below:

=========================

Q: How do I rehost my CodeWarrior Development Suite to another computer?

*NOTE: By rehosting, you are transferring all of the privileges of your CodeWarrior Development Suite to the new computer. To rehost your CodeWarrior Development Suite:

1. Go to www.freescale.com using your new computer
  2. Log in to My Freescale using your registered member ID and password
  3. Click on CodeWarrior Licensing — "My Products" page appears showing your currently licensed products
  4. Click on License Options — The CodeWarrior Development Suite Details page appears
  5. Click on Rehost
  6. If necessary, determine if your CodeWarrior Development Suite is node locked or floating by going to "How do I determine if my CodeWarrior Development Suite is Node Locked or Floating?" FAQ
  7. Select the Host ID type
  8. Enter the new Host ID
  9. Click Submit — The online license profile updates and the Registration and Licensing System page appears, confirming your new licensing information
  10. For products you are entitled to license, select Get License to lock the license to the new license profile information
  11. For products you have already licensed, select Repair License to obtain an updated license file locked to the new license profile information

==========================

0 Kudos

Jiun_Yong
Contributor III

Hi Jennie

I followed the instructions that you sent, but CodeWarrior Development Studio  (Classic IDE) is not on the list of either Products we have licensed or Products that we are entitled to license.

So how can I rehost my copy of Code Warrior 5.1 for HCS12(X) Microcontrollers?

This is getting urgent as we are about to start a new project based on another HCS12X processor.

Many thanks

Steve Lewis

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I move your question from community to our support system 1-1282743035 because the further investigation may associate your CW asset information.

please check email i just sent from support account.

0 Kudos