Java Heap Space Error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Heap Space Error

abdullahansari
Contributor III

Hello, I am new to kinetis and codewarrior IDE.

While Building a Project on Codewarrior, I am facing JAVA heap Space Error due to which I am unable to continue compiling and transfering the code to Tower.

Attached is the screenshot of the error. Looking for help

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

0. please remove .metadata folder in current workspace then restart CW. test the problem aigan.

1. is this problem is common issue for all project or only in one project? if in one project, please upload your project here to check,

2. if you use eclipse version: Start the IDE and click on Help | About CodeWarrior Development Studio. Send me the version and build id.

0 Kudos

abdullahansari
Contributor III

HI Zhang,

Sorry for my late response. I have done 0th step and its still the same. Its in the only project but in different work space of my supervisor.Its working on his IDE but not mine.

The version is 10.5 and build id is 130916.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I suggest you try reinstall CW10.5 to see if this can solve the problem,

I suggest you install it to non-system folder. for example, D:\CW_10_5

please make sure you have admin right during install

0 Kudos

abdullahansari
Contributor III

Hi Zhang,

Sorry for late response but its worth noting.

I solved the problem some 15 days ago. I uninstalled the system and then reinstalled it, but still the problem was same, then in solution I increased the heap size from 512MB to 1024MB and then it was solved.

But one should be careful inorder to set the heapsize, when I increased it to 2048MB, the Codewarrior IDE begun to crash every time i opened it and the error was "Failed starting Java Virtual Machine". So i had to repeat the above step again.

Regards

Abdullah

0 Kudos