Debugging with TPM and Interrupts

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging with TPM and Interrupts

chuckh
Contributor III

Is there a way to hit a breakpoint and have either a MCU pin automatically go LOW or to have the TPM module become disabled (and a pin go low)?  I'm working on a power control system and I'm using a PIT to interrupt and enable/disable TPM output based on an input.  If I break in the code when the TPM output is enabled, the board will likely burn up since I am no longer monitoring the input.

Any ideas?  I'm at a complete loss here.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

riverliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chuck,

if that means you will burn up the high-power circuit when you enable the TPM at long time.

how about disconnect the power mosfet or its driver before you finish debugging the TPM.

Good day

River

chuckh
Contributor III

Yes, clearly that is an option, but I would prefer a way that doesn't involve a change to the software or hardware when debugging.

0 Kudos

LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chuck,

For motor control applications debugging FreeMaster was created. You can read and change variables in run time, stop the timer before the breakpoint, tune parameters, etc.

Hava a look :

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=FREEMASTER&tid=vanFREEMASTER

Best Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos

Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Chuck

I want to make a confirm with your question. Do you mean that if MCU run to a breakpoint you set when TPM output is enable, MCU temperature will be very high, right? If yes, I think that is relative with your circuit design. If TPM pins was floating, I think it will not happen. So if possible, would you please help to provide your schematic? Only TPM pins connection. Thanks.

Best Regards

Paul

0 Kudos

chuckh
Contributor III

I think you misunderstood.  It's not a hardware problem, just the result of how the hardware works.  Weihua is more on the money here.

0 Kudos

bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

If you are relying on software to be correct with no single event upsets, no power supply glitches, never having a watchdog reset etc  for the rest of time then it *is* a hardware problem.

Put some dead-man protection in the hardware before a fire starts.