MCF5329 Compact flash usage

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCF5329 Compact flash usage

pmcelwee
Contributor I
I would like to make some kind of bootloader that will read the compact flash and dump a new image down to the nand flash and then (if no card is detected / image found then just take the current image from the nand flash and dump that into ram) take the image on the nand flash load it into the ram and run it.  I can mount the flash in lolo but I can't seem to load the image.bin file from the compact flash into ram and run it.  Is what I am trying to do possible?  I think if I can get this working then I can just put a script into lolo and it should be able to do what I am asking.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AdamS
Contributor I
Hi,

CF is connected (just like on MCF54/7584evb) as memory mapped device. So it can not be accessed as True IDE mode device. In this situation you will not be able to load image.bin file from a CF. You must build your own CF adapter to connect in TIDE mode and using FAT you can access a whole file then.

In this current situaltion you could only point to the known fixed memory position to access your image.bin from CF. 

B.R.  - Adam 

0 Kudos