cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference design to control DC motor with TPM of KL16

zaksawa
Contributor I

Hi,

Would someone explain me where is the reference design to control DC motor with TPM of KL16 ?

My 1st focus is the circuit plan to use TPM channel for the gate (base) of H-bridge.

My 2nd focus is the dead time for H-bridge.

Regards,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Sawa

Sorry, I have to recommend Kinetis K series or E series which has complementary output for your reference. As you know, TPM is not good recommend function for DC motor for dead time handling. If you have to use this module, I give you two direction for your reference.

1. Select a complementary output H-bridge driver.

2. Set PWM phase by software setting. But this direction only can use on slow speed motor control.

Hope my reply can help you.

Best Regards

Paul

zaksawa
Contributor I

Hi, Tian

Thank you for your answer.  I have some plan to do "dead time like" programming but it's a little bit tricky :-).

So I think I need to ask what is the reference, 1st.

The next question is that is it OK to change Channel Value under interrupt of over flow ?

By the way, TPM0 has 6 channels so it looks like for 3 phase BLDC.  Is it also difficult to implement because it has no dead time ?

Best Regards,

Zak

0 Kudos

Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Sawa

1. Yes, you can change channel value under interrupt of over flow, but the value will realization next cycle.

2. Yes, it is difficult to implement dead time by using TPM. There is no dead time setting in TPM but FTM. So I think it is a little difficult when motor speed is higher.

Hope my reply can help you.

Best Regards

Paul