-S command line option looking for the linker

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-S command line option looking for the linker

YONDA
Contributor I
I am trying to generate assembly for a cpp file, parse it, insert hooks, then assemble and link it into an elf. From the command line, -S looks like it should be the switch for outputting assembly for the input files. The only problem is that I am getting an error about not being able to find the linker.

I can fix the path so that the linker is found, but thats not the point. I am a little concerned that trying to produce the assembly, which should involve nothing but the compiler, would even look for the linker. I am hoping that -S doesnt correspond to the IDE's disassemble option, which requires a full build first and doesn't produce a file I can assemble.

I am working with the Gamecube/Wii compiler. Both platforms are PPC so I'm hoping someone has seen this before and the solution will apply

thanks in advance for any help.
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Nielos
Contributor I

Hi Yonda,

sorry for disturbing you. I'm student from Madrid and I wonder if you still have the chance to use your ppc machine at the moment. If not, it's doesn't matter and you can skip reading this message. The fact is I have developped a ppc disassembler for PowerPC 32 bits ISA but we don't have any ppc machine available at the moment at the university, and I would like to check whether my program is working fine or not. I just need someone to compile any C program or assembly code in a ppc machine and disassemble it in order to get the instructions in hexadecimal format and provide this information to my program.

It would be great if you can help me with this!

Thanks a lot!

Daniel

0 Kudos