cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis USB detailed hardware manual

izmile
Contributor III

Hello folks,

I am a new kinetis user. I was wondering if there is a detailed hardware description of the USB peripheral used in Kinetis processors. I got the USB OTG/Host/Device stack user manual and the reference manual of the processor (K60) that I am using. However, I believe it does not cover all the details. There are lot more things done in USB_LDD code, than what is given in the reference manual. Any pointers would be of great help.

Thanks,

-Ismail

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Ismail

What class you want to use? There are some example projects in Freescale USB stack 4.1.1. It can help you to get a start. After you install, you can find in folder path C:\Freescale\Freescale USB Stack v4.1.1\ProcessorExpert\Examples.

Best Regards

Paul

izmile
Contributor III

Hi Paul,

I would like to implement a composite device that has 5 ccid smartcard readers and 1 hid interface. I believe I need to write my own class drivers, although I could use the hid drivers from the example projects. However, I would like to know the internal working of the USB peripheral and the things done in USB_LLD code from a USB device perspective. The reference manual just touches up on these details but it is not giving a full description of the how the USB peripheral works.

I am sure there would be some resource available but it may be internal to FSL. Anyway, I thought it is worth asking.

Thanks,

-Ismail

0 Kudos