freescale android kernel have scheduling problem ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

freescale android kernel have scheduling problem ?

Jump to solution
yangaaron
Contributor III

I wrote a very simple Android application(AndroidGLSurfaceViewActivity.apk).mainly use opengl use muti-thread to draw frame on the screen

I tried to run on the freescale platform ( i.mx6q , 1GB Ram , android 4.0.4 , hdmi 1080p output )

It can't run more than one hour will cause the system to crash. (Kernel panic or rcu_preempt_state detected stalls on CPUs/tasks).

but it can run all night on the Android Emulator and Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

=============================================

We have also seen similar crashes on our product that is based on SabreSD iMX6Q jb4.2.2-1.1.0-ga release with 2GB of memory.

Kernel panics with a NULL pointer dereference or " rcu_preempt_state detected stalls".

I ran your tests on our boards and saw the kernel panic a couple of times.  I also saw sometimes the app would freeze and I would have stop and start it again.

I also tried your test on a few of our SabreSd (Rev C1 and Rev C2) boards.  I didn't see the same specific kernel panic or rcu stall yet,

but they did reboot a couple of times without any logs.  The OOM killer seems to kick in pretty quickly too, maybe because SabreSd only has 1GB.

I am running a newer version of Android (and probably the kernel) than you.  But regardless, your test does definitely reveals some issues on the iMX6. 

from Chris1z  

=============================================

when I upgrade our platform to android 4.2.2 .

it will reboot system and without any error logs in one hour.

i think seems to be a watchdog role because the kernel no response

Because I accidentally turned off the topic so i re-open a new , Someone from Freescale please comment.

PS : Android apk and program source code and detailed error messages, see attached file

Original Attachment has been moved to: rcu_preempt_state-detected-stalls-on-CPUstasks.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: AndroidGLSurfaceViewActivity.7z.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: AndroidGLSurfaceViewActivity.apk.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: Kernel-panic--not-syncing-Fatal-exception.txt.zip

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
imxcommunitysco
Senior Contributor II

Aaron, there is no need to create duplicated discussion. This one is going to be closed.

Thanks,

Yixing

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
imxcommunitysco
Senior Contributor II

Aaron, there is no need to create duplicated discussion. This one is going to be closed.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos
yangaaron
Contributor III

ok . thank you . yixing

0 Kudos