SNMP Client library for SNMP v1/v2.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNMP Client library for SNMP v1/v2.

dmitryalexeyev
Contributor II

We're looking for SNMP Client library for SNMP v1/v2.

Basically, we only require simple SNMP queries, mostly get and getnext.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dmiitry,

The Freescale MQX RTOS has SNMP v1/v2 support in the RTCS (Ethernet stack).

An example of it is in the following path once you download and install MQX4.0.2 (note there are two patches too....MQX4.0.2.1 and MQX4.0.2.2 to apply).

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_0_2_GA\rtcs\examples\snmp

Documentation at: C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_0_2_GA\doc\rtcs\MQXRTCSUG.pdf

Please search for "SNMP Agent".

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

dmitryalexeyev
Contributor II

Hi David,

Unfortunately, SNMP support provided by RTCS stack is agent code only.

What I need is to send SNMP requests from device.

WBR,

Dmitry

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dmitry,

Yes correct.  The RTCS supports Agent only SNMP and not Manager.

I'm not expert on this but guess that is because most embedded devices would be Agent.  I don't know what the impact to code size would be for Manager support.

If the Manager support is needed best to contact EAI (Embedded Access, Inc : Embedded Access – MQX Design, Products, & Services ) to see if they might have that product support.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

vallinaths
Contributor II

Hi David ,

Hope doing good !!!

I am working on SNMP code for one of my project and i have few query from my side and need to valuable suggestion .

Chip:Freescale K60

Running the Example code which is along with MOX 4.0

Agent is running successfully on K60  with ip 192.168.0.22 and manager ip is 192.168.0.5

have a 3rd party SNMP manager and also checked in wireshark it is recieving the generic trap such as coldstart,warmstart  , also it is recieving the specific trap which is counter reset with trap id 3 .

Now my query is the agent code on frescale has a MQXMIB which has many parameter such as kernel version,CPU process type in the MIB tree .

So now from the 3rd party manager trying to read the kernel version with proviiding OID which is 1.3318.1.1.2 and trying to read the value . But the agent is not recieving any "GET" request , so please can you put your valuable taught on this and how to enable the call rrequest for GET request and response for the request

thanks again

regards

vallinath

0 Kudos