AnsweredAssumed Answered

SSI and AC97 isn't working on imx6 and Linux 3.0.35

Question asked by Andreas Zeiler on Dec 13, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 31, 2015 by Andreas Zeiler

Hi,

i try to get audio playing on a board with imx6 and a wm9715 codec with ac97. On boot-up linux probes the driver and everything is fine.

But i can't hear a sound when i play a file. It seems to me that the codec is not ready or muted by default.

I checked reset signals with an oszilloscope. And also clock and data signals. I get 12,288 MHz and a FrameSync of 48Khz.

Also, when i play audio i see the audio samples in slot 3 and 4. But when i want to unmute the codec or set volume with alsamixer, i don't see any toggling of the "address" or "data" slot of AC97.

And in Slot 0 the corresponding valid bits of address and data stay invalid. Since i get good clock and frame sync signals i think that the ssi interface is configured well.

I've made printk's in the imx_ssi_ac97_write-function of imx-ssi.c in sound/soc/imx. With writel i can write to the address like SSI_SACADD or SSI_SACDAT and also read back with readl, but i can't see anything on the bus.

Does anyone know whats wrong here? Do I have to configure something or is there a known bug or something?

With kind regards

Andi

Outcomes