How to use future electronics LCD display and adapter with Wandboard?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use future electronics LCD display and adapter with Wandboard?

trendantenna
Contributor III

I´m using a wandboard Dual and I trying to display on the LCD screen the image I created with yocto project.

I'm using the following line in the bootloader:

video_settings=mxcfb0:dev=lcd,SEIKO-WVGA,if=RGB666 video= mxcFb2=off fnmem=8M gpumem=24M voutmem=48M vmalloc=200M

is that the only modification I´ve got to do or do I need to modify the kernel of my yocto image too. Because I run my image but it doesn´t display it on the LCD screen , it only turn on the screen.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

trendantenna
Contributor III

These are the environment variables I'm using in U-Boot:

baudrate=115200

bootargs=console=ttymxc0,115200 root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait rw video=mxcfb0:dev=lcd,SEIKO-WVGA,if=RGB666

bootargs_nfs=setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/nfs ip=${ipaddr}:${serverip}:${gatewayip}:${netmask}:::off nfsroot=${serverip}:${rp

bootcmd=run bootcmd_net

bootcmd_net=run bootargs_nfs; tftpboot ${loadaddr} ${kernel}; bootm

bootdelay=3

ethact=FEC

ethaddr=00:1f:7b:b2:03:8d

ethprime=FEC

gatewayip=192.168.1.1

ipaddr=192.168.1.102

kernel=uImage--3.0.35-r0-wandboard-dual-20131116024259.bin

loadaddr=0x12000000

netmask=255.255.255.0

rootpath=/home/beto/bin/fsl-community-bsp-dylan/build/tmp/deploy/images/rootfs_v2

serverip=192.168.1.1

splashpos=m,m

I modified the bootloader from an Ubuntu image that is on the wandboard web page, first I displayed the Ubuntu image on the LCD screen to make sure that I could use that bootloader, I did this by changing the bootargs variable from the original setup. The image shown has some kind of glitches.

Afterwards I used the same environment variables I've been using to boot using TFTP and NFS protocols. But the screen keeps apearring white!

0 Kudos