AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to use CRC for UART communication between multiple FRDM-K20D50M boards?

Question asked by Amit Kumar on Dec 4, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 4, 2014 by EARL GOODRICH

Hi

I am trying to communicate between 3 uc using UART but before that I tried with 2 uc and I found out that when the baud rate is 115200 the amount of garbage data is very high, If using the same code for same uc and diff. UART ports, i.e communication b/w UART1 and UART2 of same uc then no garbage is received at same Baud rate. So I want to filter the actual signal from garbage containing data, I came across this CRC_LDD processor expert component. I tried using this in my program but when I called the function CRC1_GetCRCResult(); I am getting some random nos some time negative and some time positive for the same string which I am transmitting and receiving on same UART port i.e I have shorted Rx-Tx. I have gone through the help of the component but still didn't got how to use this. Is there any way to get garbage free data at this baud rate as for 9600 baud rate, both the FRDM-K20D50M board is communicating without any garbage values. I am using UART1 PTE0 and PTE1 pins for both the uc from FRDM board pinouts.

Thanks & Regards

Amit Kumar

Outcomes