cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JTAG Scripts for loading DTB enabled kernel

prasadeligar
Contributor II

Hi All,

I am working on to port 3.10.9 alpha Linux kernel from Yocto  on a custom board using imx6solo.

I am trying to load the kernel for board bring-up using Trace 32 Lauterbach debugger.

Since this kernel uses Device Tree Structure for the configuration , I want to know if there are any scripts available which can be used to load the kernel and the .dtb file.

At present I am using the scripts available at  :

Lauterbach site: support->download center->start-up scripts->imx6->sabrelite ( files are attached )

With this scripts , able to load kernel elf  and run to some point.

To be precise it  is stopping inside dump_machine_table()  function in arch/arm/kernel/setup.c

The reason for the above behavior could be that he is not getting the correct atag’s required to boot.

Does anyone know how to embed atag and dtb  info into the kernel elf.

Regards,

Guruprasad Eligar

Original Attachment has been moved to: hardware-arm-imx6-sabrelite_20130627202754_all_files.zip

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Prasad

If I understand your case correctly, you did NOT use Lauterbach to load a uboot into your board, you load kernel elf file directly, right? The atag contain many useful info for kernel, so it may take many effort for you to makeup these info. So the easiest way I think is to load a uboot first, then you can load dtb, and zImage into DRAM using lauterbach directly, then kernel can boot up, I just tried that on my board using a lauterbach.

So my idea is that you may need to port a uboot into your board first.

0 Kudos