Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between FOLDER and SOURCE FOLDER

Jump to solution
joelesco
Contributor III

Hi ,

The tittle resume my problem ! But I mean the source folder  is just a name to put the source file or this option include something ?

I saw some project with Folder containing little white square on the logo. What does that mean ?

Thanks a lot !

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jay,

about 1:

For CodeWarrior, thtere is no difference if you add a 'folder' or a 'source folder'. However, there are other Eclipse tool chain integrations where it makes a difference: it will add that folder path to the compiler/assembler include paths. Again, this is not supported with the CodeWarrior compilers, so you have to add that folder path to the compiler/assembler include paths.

about 2:

Can you post a picture of this?

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

could you post a picture? I assume you are referring to Eclipse Icon decorators?

See Icon and Label Decorators in Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse

0 Kudos
joelesco
Contributor III

I'm sorry but my question was very bad ! There's two point :

1/ Is there a difference when you used a folder or a source folder ? I generaly used a simple folder to put on it the source files...

2/ (this question as no link with the first one ) What's this icon with the folder and a white square on it ? it' s cause there's an external folder ?

Thanks again Erich for all your help !!!

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jay,

about 1:

For CodeWarrior, thtere is no difference if you add a 'folder' or a 'source folder'. However, there are other Eclipse tool chain integrations where it makes a difference: it will add that folder path to the compiler/assembler include paths. Again, this is not supported with the CodeWarrior compilers, so you have to add that folder path to the compiler/assembler include paths.

about 2:

Can you post a picture of this?

Erich

0 Kudos
joelesco
Contributor III

Thank you for this answer !

This is the picture of the icon : LOGO.jpg

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

ah, *this* one :-)

This is a icon decorator for a 'virtual folder'. You can create this if you drag&drop a folder outside of the project into the project. Then it asks you if you want to create a linked folder (a link which links to the file folder) or if it should be a virtual folder (no physical folder).

You can get the information if you select the folder and use properties: it will show that it is of type 'virtual folder'.

In case you are not familiar with this:

- linked folder: your project contains a link to the physical folder

- virtual folder: your project contains a virtual container with links to the files in that folder.

I hope this helps?

0 Kudos
joelesco
Contributor III

I'm not sure that it's possible to have a better answer !!!

Thanks a lot Erich !

0 Kudos