cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Warrior and USBDM?

roberthiebert
Contributor IV

Hi All,

I am very new to "C" programming and the MC9S12XDP512, so please bear with me here. I am working on the Free EMS project that uses this processor on their "Jaguar" engine controller board. I also have a USBDM from "Cool-EFI" that I need to use to load a serial monitor S-19 file into the processor before I can load any operational S-19. I have Code Warrior V 5.9.0, build 5294 installed on my Win 7 machine.

Can I use this version of Code Warrior to load the S-19 and if so, what is the step by step procedure?

Thanks,

Robert

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

we can use hiwave debugger to burn s19 file to flash:

The method is as below:
1.   Install Codewarrior.
2.   make sure the hardware is well connected with PC. For instance you are using BDM multilink or Cyclone Pro.
3.   open Hiwave debugger “Hiwave.exe” in {Your CW install directory}\prog
4.   then in debugger, go to menu “component”, “set connection…”. In new pop-up small dialog, in the dropdown list, select HC12 and P&E Multilink/Cyclone Pro. Click OK to close this dialog.
5.   go to menu “MultilinkCyclonePro”, “device”, select the right device chip.
6.   go to menu “MultilinkCyclonePro”, “connect”, Set the right connection.
7.   go to menu “File”, “Load application…”. Import the .s19 file into debugger. You could have a browse the content at the memory window of the debugger, it should be in coincidence with the s-record file.
8.   Press F5 to run. The code should download into the flash.

0 Kudos