Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom development board

Jump to solution
charlesdiogoama
Contributor II

Good morning,

I'm designing a development board for Kinetis Microcontrollers,

Universal multilink already have a writer, but would like a built-in writer board, so would not have to connect other writers on the development board,

would only need to connect the USB plug ...

How would this be possible?
After there is some code for writers?

Microcontrollers target would be the MKL25z128VLK4 (similar to FreedomBoard), and MK60N512VLL100

Will separate boards

I appreciate any explanation and / or material that could fernecer me.  :smileywink:

Labels (2)
1 Solution
Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Charles

First, you need to register on our website www.freescale.com, then raise a service request from link New Service Request. Then we can release the code to you. Thanks.

Best Regards

Paul

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
injunear
Contributor III

Instead of going all the way through developing another development board, would creating a custom daughter board to plug into the already existing boards work in your application? It could save a lot of work on your part. Just a thought.

0 Kudos
charlesdiogoama
Contributor II

It would be a good idea, but I need this board to specific applications where the development boards do not offer the settings I need,
so I can mount a dedicated board, enabling the training of staff of the company I work for.

but thanks for the tip

0 Kudos
Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Charles

For your application, you can reference Kinetis L series OPENSDA and Kinetis K series OSJTAG on their demo board. Is this meet your requirement? If you need detail information, please tell me. Thanks.

Best Regards

Paul

charlesdiogoama
Contributor II

Hi, Paul

as I get the program to "burn the writer", this is provided by Freescale?

if yes, where can I find?

what you have made of information will be very useful for me,

Thanks for the reply

0 Kudos
Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Charles

For KL series, the write is using K20. Please reference this link http://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/09/20/opensda-on-the-freedom-kl25z-board/

For Kinetis K series, the writer is using MC9S08JM. You can find its firmware from link http://www.pemicro.com/osbdm/index.cfm

Hope my reply can help you.

Best Regards

Paul

charlesdiogoama
Contributor II

Hi Paul

I took a look at the material that showed me,
and saw that the recorder uses a microcontroller MK20DX128
and that this must Firmware updates

however, have not found where I can get the program to be recorded in microcontrollers, only the Firmware.

you know where can I get it?

Thanks for the material, excellent help ....

0 Kudos
Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Charles

I can send this firmware to you by email separately, So would you please help to raise a service request on our website www.freescale.com? Thanks.

Best Regards

Paul

0 Kudos
charlesdiogoama
Contributor II

Of course, how can I do it?

my email is charles@vlp.com.br

With this file, I just write to the microcontroller using the universal multilink he had seen a tape recorder?

0 Kudos
Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Charles

First, you need to register on our website www.freescale.com, then raise a service request from link New Service Request. Then we can release the code to you. Thanks.

Best Regards

Paul

0 Kudos