cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL05 current consumption

ivanrusnacko
Contributor I

Hello all,

I have a FRDMKL05 devel kit, and it has J4 header which can be used for MCU consumption measurement. According to Electrical table datasheet for KL05, the consumption at 16 MHz should be 4 mA(with all  perihperals ON), but with my code(uses almost everything beside touch controller) I get 6,3 mA. My code is in loop getting  value from ADC and doing some computations and then outputs it to DAC. It is strange, because in datasheet, there is stated that at 48 MHz and all perihperals ON, it should take 6 mA, which less than my code which runs at 16 MHz. 

From J4 header, I should get only MCU consumption(it is written in User manual for this board). Can someone explain me, why I am getting so high consumption? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ivan Rusnacko,

Sorry for our late reply!

According to the datasheet of KL05,48MHz core/24MHz bus and flash, in run mode,

pastedImage_2.png

the 6.3mA consumption is normal,and when test, the condition should be take care, like the following picture:

pastedImage_3.png

I think if you want to test the consumption of KL05, you can test the demo code "low_power_demo" , after my test FRDM-KL05, the consumption is consist with the datasheet.

You can download the demo code from this link:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/download/license.jsp?colCode=KL05-SC&location=null&fpsp=1&WT_TYP... and Test Software&WT_VENDOR=FREESCALE&WT_FILE_FORMAT=zip&WT_ASSET=Downloads&sr=8&Parent_nodeId=1359130311707695721244&Parent_pageType=product

BTW, I didn't find the consumption of 16Mhz core frequence in run mode from the datasheet, so maybe your test should switch to 48MHz, and the compare the result with table 5 in the datasheet.

I wish it helps you!

Best regards!

Jingjing

0 Kudos