AnsweredAssumed Answered

mfw_isink low quality, ipu driver

Question asked by Janis Coders on Nov 21, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 4, 2014 by Qiang Li - Mpu Se
Branched to a new discussion

Hi, I've been playing around with gstreamer's mfw_isink plugin and noticed a lower quality playback than using mfw_v4lsink.

I am using Yocto dora branch, imx53qsb based board, 2.6.35_maintain kernel.

I've tested and seen this issue when playing video files (h264+mp4/mkv) or even using videotestsrc.

I have a presentation converted to video and when playing with mfw_v4lsink, then everything is fine - text is visible fine (have tested with 960x720 and 1024x768 video resolution and have tested with .mkv and .mp4):

gst-launch filesrc location=xxx.mp4 ! qtdemux ! mfw_vpudecoder ! mfw_v4lsink

When playing with mfw_isink then the quality drops and text on video almost can't be read.

gst-launch filesrc location=xxx.mp4 ! qtdemux ! mfw_vpudecoder ! mfw_isink

Note, that I've tested many combinations - using playbin2, inserting mfw_ipucsc, inserting caps with different resolutions and raw video formats,played with disp-width, disp-height variables - result is the same.

I need this because I am playing multiple videos at the same time, so mfw_v4lsink can't be used in the end.

What could be the problem? I have used verbose output and see that negotiated caps of mfw_isink and mfw_v4lsink are the same.

Could this be ipu driver problem? If so, then is imx53 and imx6 IPU hardware the same? If so, then could I try to merge newer ipu/ipu3 driver version from 3.0.35 into 2.6.35_maintain? Or could it be gst-fsl-plugin problem?

Outcomes