Problem with CW10.5 -->C++ is not supported by the current set of licenses and is disabled.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with CW10.5 -->C++ is not supported by the current set of licenses and is disabled.

cavebiker
Contributor V

I am having a problem only with CW 10.5, and only on certain projects displaying a build error "C++ is not supported by the current set of licenses and is disabled."

• I have no .metadata folder inside my project folder.
  • The same exact project will build just fine with CW 10.3
  • Other projects will build fine with CW 10.5
  • My projects are for Kinetics CPU's.
  • The problem project is using a K61.
  • I am writing in straight C, not C++.
  • I am licensed to build in C++.

I really like CW 10.5 and want to continue using it but this is slowing me down. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks and cheers,

Tom

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1. .metadata folder is not under your project folder but workspace folder. take a look at your workspace folder. remove it and restart CW.

2. I wonder you have some C++ feature option enabled in compiler setting. for example, "if you use FSL ARM compiler,  "Enable Exceptions" option in compiler setting will enable C++, if your license doesn't support C++, please disable this option

3. only professional license can support C++

0 Kudos

cavebiker
Contributor V

Hey ZhangJennie,

1. My .metadata folder is in the correct place, and I do not have a .metedata folder in the wrong place. I know this can cause this problem based on other posts here.

3. I have a professional license that does support C++.

I can build this K61 project just fine with CW 10.3, and my other 12 Kinetics K20 projects still build fine with CW 10.5. This is still a mystery.

Thanks ZhangJennie for the suggestions.

Cheers,

Tom

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

So you have both CW10.3 and CW10.5 installed on the same PC? Did you upgrade your CW10.3 license to CW10.5?

0 Kudos

cavebiker
Contributor V

Hey TICS_Fiona,

Yes, I have both CW10.3 and CW10.5 on one PC. And yes, I upgraded my license to CW10.5. What I did is copy my 10.5 license stuff and pasted it into my CW10.3 license file, per instructions. CW10.5 is working fine this way on 12 of my 13 kinetics projects. The oldest and largest project is one that breaks.

Thanks for the help,

Tom

0 Kudos