MfgTool stops on "Jumping to OS image"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MfgTool stops on "Jumping to OS image"

foxmaze
Contributor II

We are running a project with two systems based on i.MX6Q, i.e. two CPUs, two PMICs, eight DDRs...and etc. The two systems are separated and can communicate via USB and UART, power input SYS_4V2 is common for both.

All power rails are checked OK, but when we try to download image by using MfgTool, after process "Jumping to OS image", the tool stops and never steps over.

I doubt this is DDR issue but this portion is the same as FSL EVB, and has been verified on other single system projects. We've tried to use TF card boot with specific image and settings, it failed neither.

Does anyone has some experience on this symptom?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
3 Replies

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Foxmaze, it seems your question got answered. Can we close your DI?

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Foxmaze, had Viadan's reply answered your question? If yes please click Correct Answer/Helpful Answer. We would like to close the DI in 3 days if no response from you.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If DDR portion is same, other parts of the system are probably not, I'd assume. You'll have to check in more detail where kernel fails to boot and take it from there. In general for new boards you also have to build your own updater firmware to take into consideration HW changes.