How can I use single ended and differential pairs channels together in a same application using Processor Expert?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use single ended and differential pairs channels together in a same application using Processor Expert?

Jump to solution
kgouveia
Contributor II

I already used it in differential mode only. But when I configured the ADC with differential channels and single ended channels together, the processor expert reported me an error: “All channels have to be in the same mode!”. I was using the FRDM KL25Z.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

please use ADC_LDD component instead of ADC. The ADC is a component from a "high level" component set member that comes from older architectures (HCS08, HCS12) and it has the limitation that differential and single ended channels cannot be used together. On Kinetis the ADC component methods are using ADC_LDD anyway so if you use ADC_LDD directly, you will get a little bit more effective code.

For examples of ADC_LDD usage, please see the 'Typical usage' page in the help (you can see it using 'Help on component' pop-up menu command for the component).

The advice from Vojtech regarding the types was intended for ADC_LDD. In the ADC_LDD there is a property Result type.

best regards

Petr Hradský

Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

could you please try to switch the result type to Raw or signed/unsigned 16-bit. In case the problem persists please post here the ProcessorExpert.pe file from your project.

Best regards

Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos
kgouveia
Contributor II

Hello,

Where can I switch the result type to Raw or signed/unsigned 16-bit? I'm using CW 10.4.

Here is my component inspector view and the ProcessorExpert.pe file:

ADC - Component Inspector.jpg

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

please use ADC_LDD component instead of ADC. The ADC is a component from a "high level" component set member that comes from older architectures (HCS08, HCS12) and it has the limitation that differential and single ended channels cannot be used together. On Kinetis the ADC component methods are using ADC_LDD anyway so if you use ADC_LDD directly, you will get a little bit more effective code.

For examples of ADC_LDD usage, please see the 'Typical usage' page in the help (you can see it using 'Help on component' pop-up menu command for the component).

The advice from Vojtech regarding the types was intended for ADC_LDD. In the ADC_LDD there is a property Result type.

best regards

Petr Hradský

0 Kudos
kgouveia
Contributor II

Hi Petr,

It's great! Now I configured my ADC and worked!

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos