I'm testing a device which connecting to MCIMX6Q-SDB board thr. SPI interface based on image_imx-android-13.4.1_6qsabresd as the BSP. Have read some SPI discussion in community, all of them are target for Linux, I still try to follow this discussion thread: https://community.freescale.com/message/309184#309184 and apply below changes in my environment:
1. - #if defined(CONFIG_MTD_M25P80)
- .modalias = "m25p80",
+ .modalias = "spidev",
2. Enable the SPI user mode driver in by "make manuconfig" and save.
However, when I return to ~/myandroid folder and trying to make whole project, I got:
No private recovery resources for TARGET_DEVICE sabresd_6dq
make -C kernel_imx -j4 uImage ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=`pwd`/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/arm-eabi-
make: Entering directory `/home/tftu/myandroid4.0.4_ForQuad_20131106/kernel_imx'
scripts/kconfig/conf --silentoldconfig Kconfig
* Restart config...
* Linux/arm 3.0.35 Kernel Configuration
Patch physical to virtual translations at runtime (EXPERIMENTAL) (ARM_PATCH_PHYS_VIRT) [N/y/?] (NEW)
..... cut ......
And then it asks me to select all questions as the same in the menuconfig, trying to select default most questions except System Type:
* System Type
MMU-based Paged Memory Management Support (MMU) [Y/n/?] y
ARM system type
1. ARM Ltd. Integrator family (ARCH_INTEGRATOR) (NEW)
2. ARM Ltd. RealView family (ARCH_REALVIEW) (NEW)
> 3. ARM Ltd. Versatile family (ARCH_VERSATILE) (NEW)
4. ARM Ltd. Versatile Express family (ARCH_VEXPRESS) (NEW)
5. Atmel AT91 (ARCH_AT91) (NEW)
6. Broadcom BCMRING (ARCH_BCMRING) (NEW)
7. Cirrus Logic CLPS711x/EP721x-based (ARCH_CLPS711X) (NEW)
8. Cavium Networks CNS3XXX family (ARCH_CNS3XXX) (NEW)
9. Cortina Systems Gemini (ARCH_GEMINI) (NEW)
10. EBSA-110 (ARCH_EBSA110) (NEW)
11. EP93xx-based (ARCH_EP93XX) (NEW)
12. FootBridge (ARCH_FOOTBRIDGE) (NEW)
13. Freescale MXC/iMX-based (ARCH_MXC) (NEW)
14. Freescale MXS-based (ARCH_MXS) (NEW)
15. Hilscher NetX based (ARCH_NETX) (NEW)
..... cut ......
I select 13. Freescale MXC/iMX-based (ARCH_MXC) (NEW) to fit my board, but the next question, Freescale MXC Implementations, it automatically select MX31 platforms without choices:
* Freescale MXC Implementations
Freescale CPU family:
1. MX1-based (ARCH_MX1) (NEW)
2. MX2-based (ARCH_MX2) (NEW)
3. MX25-based (ARCH_MX25) (NEW)
> 4. MX3-based (ARCH_MX3) (NEW)
5. i.MX50 + i.MX53 (ARCH_MX503) (NEW)
6. i.MX51 (ARCH_MX51) (NEW)
7. MX6-based (ARCH_MX6) (NEW)
* MX31 platforms:
Support MX31ADS platforms (MACH_MX31ADS) [Y/n/?] (NEW)
Finally I select default options for the other questions and keep the building, but failed with errors.I have apply the same based on android_jb4.2.2_1.1.0-ga_source but still got the same result.
My major question is how to config SPI interface in Android, but now it looks like I should figure out above menuconfig issue first. Any opinion or comments are more than welcome!