creating MPC850 object for a Cyclone Max

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating MPC850 object for a Cyclone Max

AndrewLohmann
Contributor I
I am evaluating a P&E Cyclone Max. We have old version of CodeWarrior 5.02, that we use for software maintainance and programming are target boards. We have been working this way for some years.

Our application includes a flash variant which copies the object to RAM then programs the object in RAM to flash. There is a debug variant that does not include the flash programmer, where object is loaded and run from RAM.

The Cyclone Max includes it own programmer algorithums, so I have attempted to use the debug object with the flash base address set (to 0xFFE00000). The cyclone apears to flash the object successfully, but the target does not run after. The Base address of SDRAM is 0x0.

Another option I have tried is to use a wiggler with Macregor Systems OCD of Flash programmer. The OCD requires SDRAM configuration from a file. I could do with an example if someone would suggest where I would find an example.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Voxan
Contributor III
Hi there,

the current version of CW support MPC850 is CW PA v8.7. Its supports FSL and Abatron debugger protocols.

I see 2 way for you to step further, eilther log a service request at http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/homepage.jsp?nodeId=054670&tid=FSH, use the link 'submit a service request'.
Second would be to contact the debugger provider support line and ask for board configuration files.

Hope this helps...

Regards

0 Kudos

AndrewLohmann
Contributor I
Hi,

I have been trying those avenues, but I have not got there yet. There is probably a subtlty that I am missing that someone on this forum may point out, with the P&E Cyclone Max.

The alternative tool Macreigor Systems OCD is a free tool (provided you have bought a Wiggler) and is the tool that virtually has done the job for me. But I do need a configuration file for it, and I can't find one one Macreigor Systems website.

The other alternative tool Macreigor Systems Flash programmer has not worked for me because RAM is not found. I have used  the immr address. I have not persued this very far as yet.

Andrew

0 Kudos

AndrewLohmann
Contributor I
Hi,

I can now Flash one programme using the P&E Cyclone Max. This is quite close to what I require. Actually I have two programmes that I wish to Flash - I have made a support request to P&E to resolve that.

I am still interested in alternative tool Macreigor Systems tools. See my previous message.

I am curios though on how the my application can run. The Vector table is at the Flash base address of 0xFFE0_0000 but from the user manual it should be at 0xFFFn_nnnn? i am missing something in the manual?

Andrew
0 Kudos