What is fmem and bmem in imx6 IPU reference manual?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is fmem and bmem in imx6 IPU reference manual?

Jump to solution
mikigrof-tisza
Contributor II

I'm unsure of what fmem and bmem are as used in the IMX6Q reference manual's IPU section.  Table 37-7 lists if at the source and/or destination of the video data of the IPU.  What is it and where is it (i.e is it memory dedicated to the IPU, or allocated form system memory ..)?

Thanks,

Miki

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mikigrof-tisza
Contributor II

My bad.  I was using an old reference manual.  The newer one clearly explains it in the legend.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Miki

Good (y)

0 Kudos
mikigrof-tisza
Contributor II

My bad.  I was using an old reference manual.  The newer one clearly explains it in the legend.

0 Kudos
aureliocolosimo
Contributor I

Hi

I'm having the same problem, but I can't find the legend you found. I have Document Number: IMX6DQRM, Rev. 1, 04/2013, did you find a newer one? Where?

Anyways, could you please cut & paste here the meaning of Bmem and Fmem? Thanks!

0 Kudos
toddfischer
Contributor I

IMX6DQRM (REV 2) pg 2741 describe fmem and dmem as follows:

System memory usage - legend

• Fmem: frame double-buffer (page-flip) in system memory (typically external memory: DDR DRAM [address 0x1000_0000 - 0xFFFF_FFFF])
  • Bmem: two possibilities
  • • A frame double buffer, as above
  • • A band (4-256 rows) double-buffer (page-flip) in system memory (could be internal memory: OCRAM [address 0x0900_0000 - 0x093F_FFFF])
sergkot
Contributor II

I believe there is a mistake in manual.  If you look at "Chapter 48 On-Chip RAM Memory Controller (OCRAM)" you see:

"The total on-chip RAM size for the chip is 128 Kbytes, organized as 16K x 64 bits, mapped from 0x00900000 to 0x0091FFFF ."

Does it mean that we can use it only for smal images?

sqrt(128k)/4 = 120x120 (RGBA)

0 Kudos