Kinetis KL05 on FRDM-KL05Z: going above 20MHz?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis KL05 on FRDM-KL05Z: going above 20MHz?

Jump to solution
jrychter
Contributor V

Processor Expert only allows me to set a core/bus clock speed of 20.971 MHz. I can't seem to find where the limitation comes from — I thought I should be able to go to ~48MHz?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jan,

I'm using 10.5.

Looks like the forum only has my second screenshot included, so here is what I have with 32 kHz crystal (you need to enter it in MHz):

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm using my FRDM-KL05Z (A new Freedom Board: FRDM-KL05Z | MCU on Eclipse) with 48 MHz using the external 32 kHz crystal.

The project is as well on GitHub here:

mcuoneclipse/Examples/FRDM-KL05Z/KL05Z_FreeRTOS at master · ErichStyger/mcuoneclipse · GitHub

Probably your clock settings are different (you need to use the external crystal). I have attached screenshots of my settings (FEE mode with external 32kHz):

pastedImage_1.png

I hope this helps?

0 Kudos
jrychter
Contributor V

Your PE screens seem to be different from mine (I had the same problem with your tutorials) — are we on different versions? I'm using a recently downloaded CodeWarrior v10.5.

I get stuck with the box the arrow points to — contrary to what the documentation string says, PE won't accept 32.768kHZ value in there. It will only take >1Mhz values.

Screenshot (9).png

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jan,

I'm using 10.5.

Looks like the forum only has my second screenshot included, so here is what I have with 32 kHz crystal (you need to enter it in MHz):

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
jrychter
Contributor V

Thank you — I was able to get it done with your help.

I guess my expectation was that Processor Expert would point me to the settings that need changing, working back from my final requirement (a 48MHz core clock).

0 Kudos