cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Composite VADC?

Jump to solution
billpringlemeir
Contributor V

In Section 8.9.5 of the Vybrid Reference manual, it has some information on the VADC interface.  Register misc2 bit 9 is used to toggle the source the the VIU.  Is this feature still supported by the Vybrid?  Only particular models (Auto)?  What kind of input signals are appropriate?  Component NTSC?  Is there some sort of NDA process for this?  Oddly the diagram has four ADC inputs?  I don't know of any color standards with four inputs.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
billpringlemeir
Contributor V

Chapter 60 Video Sub-system contains documentation on this feature.  They are just not titled with VADC and the overview doesn't provide a reference to these chapters.  Section 60.5 Video decoder gives information on the supported input formats.  Each VADC input can be a separate  composite image channel and the interface is not component based.  Also, these VADC inputs are only available on the VF6xx parts, not in VF5xx or VF3xx.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Hello Bill,

Just a correction - according to one of the Freescale development platforms, the VF5xx flavor does have VADC inputs (see schematic fragments attached).

Sincerely, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos
billpringlemeir
Contributor V

Hi Naoum,

This would be a nice surprise.  I was told by an FAE that the VF5xx didn't have the video ADC.  There is also this Vybrid F series link which seems to say on the VF6xx part has the inputs.  Certainly, a PCB may have components to support both the VF5xx and VF6xx chips.  Perhaps the Vybrid R 5 part has the VADC?  It also seems to have an M4 CPU as well.  There is also this PDF on Freescale technology and on page 31 it shows only the VF6xx series has the VADC inputs.  Are you sure that the VF5xx has the VADC inputs?  It most likely only has the digital portion; some camera portions are present but not the Analog Camera decode.

It is very weird.  I was told by some Freescale support in our area that the iMx6 did not have a secure part.  However, I see various Freescale programmers putting CAAM support in Linux.  It seems that the iMx6 can have security features; but they are not as in-depth as the Vybrid Secure parts.  I had to get the manuals and read this myself.  I would be glad if the VF5xx parts have the analog inputs.  We have given up several pins for a digital camera interface in our design.  Can you double check that this is correct that the VF5xx does support the VADC inputs?  Have you actually used those inputs with a VF5xx part?

0 Kudos
billpringlemeir
Contributor V

Chapter 60 Video Sub-system contains documentation on this feature.  They are just not titled with VADC and the overview doesn't provide a reference to these chapters.  Section 60.5 Video decoder gives information on the supported input formats.  Each VADC input can be a separate  composite image channel and the interface is not component based.  Also, these VADC inputs are only available on the VF6xx parts, not in VF5xx or VF3xx.

0 Kudos