AnsweredAssumed Answered

iMX6 LTIB glibc-devel

Question asked by John Cannizzo on Oct 31, 2013
Latest reply on Nov 1, 2013 by Leonardo Sandoval Gonzalez

Hi All,

I'm building ltib on the iMX6 SDB to get kernel headers for drivers. I'm building on the board (not on the PC) for many reasons, mainly due to several 100K lines of legacy code.  I installed all the packages, including build-essential.  I modified Ltibutils.pm to add -f '/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libm.so' to the glibc-devel line.  libc.so.6 and libm.so.6 exist in /lib/arm-linux-gnueabi, so it looks like glibc-devel is installed.  Yet, when I run ./ltib -m config, it still shows glibc-devel not installed, Died at ./ltib line 1409.  Did I make the change in Ltibutils.pm incorrectly (I searched the forum before making the change), or is there possibly something else wrong?  Making the similar change for zlib did solve the issue with that library.  Any help would be most appreciated.

As an additional question, I'm seeing much discussion on the forums about the switch to Yocto.  When is the right time to switch?  It appears to be an easier development environment, but I've already built my app under previous ltib versions.  Is the kernel the same?  Is the performance better under Yoctu?  If there is already a discussion comparing ltib and Yacto, could you please point me to it?  Thanks...

Outcomes