cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW BUGS issue

Ben
Senior Contributor I

Hi

Today I got an answer to my S/R about a malfunction with the CW IDE plash programmer.

It looks that I've wasted more than a week with anger and frustration on a known bug. Meanwhile, the project was "on hold".

I can understand that software has bugs, we all are developers, and it is not new to us. I can understand that companies

prefer to hide the bugs existence till you ask. But, I will thank companies like Freescale if they will behave in a differ way:

I suggest to open a community place with known bug list for all the products, with the workaround suggestions.

I am sure that all the developers community will thank you.

TIA

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ben,

I got more details from colleague.

The SR 1-1190403701 has been logged the October 29.

The problem has been reported and logged in our bug base under the number ENGR00286342.

This seems to be a new issue.

The development team will investigate the problem.

Regards

Pascal

0 Kudos

Ben
Senior Contributor I

Dear Pascal,

Thank you for following this issue.

I still believe that as you have this great tools - the community places, it is a great idea to open a place which will discuss

this bugs issue. I know that it might put the development team in a pressure, but I think that it might be a good tool for them too, as they will get more feedback from us, the users. I think that it is good that one of the developers team should be active in such community place too.

I'll give you an example:

3 weeks ago I installed CW 10.5. I faced several abnormal activity, so I got afraid to use it, and I re installed 10.4.

Isn't it better to have a place for such case, to read users feedback, to understand workaround if there is a problem, instead of removing new version?

You have to understand my point of view, as a user: I have to act fast, waist a minimum time for problem solution, to be able to get a reliable tool to continue with the projects development.

any activity you will take to promote this goal will be blessed...

Regards

Ben

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

By default the installation file includes a release note file (.txt and .pdf)

Under MCU V10.5 it's under the folder:

\CW MCU v10.5\MCU\Release_Notes.pdf

This doc gives you an overview of the tool as new features, etc and includes a chapter:

Appendix A: Known issues and Workarounds

Now I don't know if the bug/problem you refer is listed in this doc.

I found the SR 1-1190403701 is associated to the problem.

I will check with the engineer the status of this problem.

Keep you informed.

Regards

Pascal

0 Kudos