cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchscreen not working on Vybrid tower demo

Jump to solution
markwatson
Contributor III

I have just fired up the Rev. G Vybrid tower board set (TWR-VF65GS10 with a TWR-LCD-RGB) and it comes up OK, but the touchscreen is non-responsive.  I have tried switching jumpers 2,3,5,8 on the LCD board to choose direct CPU access to the touchscreen to no avail.  I have also tried changing J10 on the LCD board to change the interrupt driven by the CRTouch chip, again without effect.  I have taken a look at the quick start guides and did not see any settings needed for the touchscreen to work.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
markwatson
Contributor III

Naoum and Anthony,

Thanks for taking a stab at it.  What I found is that the CRTouch chip was poorly soldered on the TWR_LCD_RGB board.  After resoldering that chip I have had good behavior from the touch screen. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
markwatson
Contributor III

Naoum and Anthony,

Thanks for taking a stab at it.  What I found is that the CRTouch chip was poorly soldered on the TWR_LCD_RGB board.  After resoldering that chip I have had good behavior from the touch screen. 

0 Kudos
anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mark,

There should be no jumpers you need to change. Is this an older TWR-LCD-RGB board you previously had, or did it come as part of the Vybrid kit (TWR-VF65GS10-PRO)? There were some older TWR-LCD-RGB that had some slightly tweaked firmware in the CRTouch module that could be causing this problem.Vybrid uses I2C to talk to the CRTouch located on the TWR-LCD-RGB board, and the CRTouch is what actually does the touch sensing on the screen.

Along with the Vybrid board version, what rev of TWR-LCD-RGB do you have? It's not the easy-to-read sticker on the TWR-ELEV board it's attached to. Instead you have to kind of tilt it, and read it at an angle from the right side edge on the back of the board where there should be 3 stickers lined up on top of each other:

One ending in something like "Rev E1"  <--this is the rev version

One being a barcode

One ending in something like "Rev A"

-Anthony

0 Kudos
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Hello Mark,

Our Rev.G series has slightly different flavors - G, G1, G2, G3; which one do you have, please? - It is on the label reading "SCH-27442" as well, on the bottom side.

Regards, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos