how to configure flexbus for SRAM and NAND flash controller on TWR-K60F120M using shared pins?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure flexbus for SRAM and NAND flash controller on TWR-K60F120M using shared pins?

shabeenakm
Contributor I

hi, I am a starter in free scale tower system. anyone please give me clarification about the configuration of flexbus and NAND flash on tower K60F120M board?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

K60 120MHz product provides internal arbitration to allow Flexbus and NAND Flash controller share the pins.

You can refer NAND Flash related application from Kinetis 120MHz example code below (KINETIS_120MHZ_SC):

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=K70_120&nodeId=01624698C9DE2DDDB1&fps...

About Flexbus application, please check AN4393:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN4393.pdf

Wish it helps.

0 Kudos

dereksnell
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Since the NFC and FlexBus pins are shared, there is an internal arbiter that controls which peripheral has access to those pins.  This arbiter can be configured using the SIM_SOPT6 register, with the PCR and MCC fields.  The bit descriptions for PCR and MCC in the Reference Manual are lacking in detail. The functions of these bits in Kinetis are similar to the MCF5441x device (copied from MCF5441x Reference Manual):

PCR - Post-cycle reservation

Specifies the length of the FlexBus post-cycle reservation period in internal bus clock cycles.

0x0 or 0x1 No post-cycle reservation, and the arbiter returns to the idle loop as soon as the FlexBus is no longer busy.

0x2 or more Enables post-cycle reservation

MCC - Minimum consecutive cycles.

Specifies the minimum amount of time in internal bus clock cycles provided by the arbiter for NAND flash activity. At least MCC internal bus clock cycles must elapse before a FlexBus request is recognized, and the NFC may, in fact, use the shared pins for more than MCC internal bus clock cycles absent such a request. A value of 0 makes the arbiter respond immediately to a FlexBus request and pause the NFC as soon as possible.

0 Kudos