I am designing a system with i.MX6 Dualite processor and external DC/DC Converters ( No PMU).
My system needs the Processor to turn ON automatically when the power is applied ( No Button press).
However I should be able to turn – off the processor via the switch connected to ON_OFF Button.
The system will be OFF for a specific duration and should turn ON again automatically..
Note that VDD_SNVS is always present.
I am making use of PMIC_ON REQ Signal along with a 555 timer to meet this requirement.
However my question is :
- Can the system come up automatically second time without pressing ON_OFF Button again?
- What are the criteria’s to assert “PMIC_ON_REQ”?
- Whether the PMIC_ON_REQ gets asserted/de-asserted only by ON_OFF Button press?
- Consider I turned off the unit by pressing ON_OFF Button. PMIC_ON_REQ = Low. When the system turns ON again automatically, Can it over drive PMIC_IN_REQ to High State from low state?
- Once SOC is powered up, will it change the state of PMIC_ON_REQ from Low to High?