cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB TAP ONCE

Ben
Senior Contributor I

Hi

I had a lot of problems with CW10.5. I had to uninstall it and work with the 10.4.

While doing it, I lost the ability to work with the USB TAP ONCE unit for the 568xxx chips.

Can anyone explain / remind me what to do in order to bring the unit alive?

It looks that the ONCE unit is recognized by the CW IDE, but the CW  can not connect to the target chip - I am getting a message that it can not connect to the core is not responding.

It worked good with 10.4 before installing the 10.5.

TIA, Ben

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
5 Replies

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could you please re-install the driver manually by following the 'readme.txt' in:

C:\program files\Freescale\CW MCU v10.4\MCU\ccs\drivers\usb

Does it help?

0 Kudos

Ben
Senior Contributor I

Dear Fiona, thank you for the answer, but It did not help.

I even tried to uninstall and re-install the drivers, but I am getting the message:

USB_TAP_error_message.jpg

2 important points:

1) I can work with with PE device.

2) the USB TAP ONCE worked good with this project before I installed and uninstalled version 10.5.

If you have another idea what to do, please advise.

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Would you please create a new project for your target from <File> menu -> New->Bareboard project, can CodeWarrior v10.4 program with this project into your project?

If it does not work , please open CCS console, and logging by typing "log v" in Connection Server. Then start debugging, please attach the log file, the log file is usually placed at CCS folder:

C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.4\MCU\ccs\bin

Ben
Senior Contributor I

Thanks Fiona, I followed your instructions, and the USB-TAP unit did work on a new test project.

After checking the definitions difference, I saw that while installing and uninstalling the 10.5, the .tcl & .mem files location in the debugger configuration

was erased, while in the new project it was defined automatically.

I inserted the data manually and it started to work.

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks for the feedback. I'm very glad to know you have solved the problem.

0 Kudos