Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFGTool source code

Jump to solution
emilmyhrman
Contributor IV

Hello

Where can I find the source code for MFGTool 3?

The only source I find is for v2.

regards

Emil

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Emil,

Yes ,they both use mfgtool v2. The products of i.MX6 all are using the mfgtool v2 to download. And all IMX_MFG_TOOL_V2_SOURCE are the same. Dear Emil , I think you maybe make a mistake, the number of  4.1.0 is the version of  BSP . Towards the "Mfgtools-Rel-3.0.0_121207_MX6DL_UPDATER" and "Mfgtools-Rel-4.1.0_130816_MX6Q_UPDATER" you have downloaded, the most differences are the files under the Profiles in Mfgtools.

Don't be confused, it's easy to decide.

If you are using i.MX6Q , you can go to http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX6Q&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab ,the related mfgtool is under  Hardware Development Tools /Programmers.

pastedImage_2.png

If you are using other i.MX6 products ,the methods are the same.

Hope this can help you~~ Any questions are pleasure.

Best Regards,

Dan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Emil,

It's true that you can catch the source of MFGTool 2,  but we do not have released MFGTool 3 in freescale official website.

Best Regards,

Dan

0 Kudos
emilmyhrman
Contributor IV

Hi Dan

Do you plan to release v3 also?

I was trying to use command line arguments to select which command list to use, it does not seem to work on v3 but in the source for v2 there is code for that.

Regards,

Emil

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Emil,

About the v3 I asked our design team, we have no plan by now.  Are you facing problems when you  use MFGTool 2 on i.MX6?

Best Regards,

Dan

0 Kudos
emilmyhrman
Contributor IV

Maybe I'm just confused of what versions are available.

I've downloaded "Mfgtools-Rel-3.0.0_121207_MX6DL_UPDATER" and "Mfgtools-Rel-4.1.0_130816_MX6Q_UPDATER" they both have a MfgTool2.exe.

The Rel-4.1.0 version of MfgTool2.exe says "Library: 2.2.3" in the title.

Does this mean they both use mfgtool v2? Thus, if I build the source code for MFGTool 2 you've release, it should be the same version (more or less) as the one in Rel-3.0.0 and Rel-4.1.0?

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Emil,

Yes ,they both use mfgtool v2. The products of i.MX6 all are using the mfgtool v2 to download. And all IMX_MFG_TOOL_V2_SOURCE are the same. Dear Emil , I think you maybe make a mistake, the number of  4.1.0 is the version of  BSP . Towards the "Mfgtools-Rel-3.0.0_121207_MX6DL_UPDATER" and "Mfgtools-Rel-4.1.0_130816_MX6Q_UPDATER" you have downloaded, the most differences are the files under the Profiles in Mfgtools.

Don't be confused, it's easy to decide.

If you are using i.MX6Q , you can go to http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX6Q&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab ,the related mfgtool is under  Hardware Development Tools /Programmers.

pastedImage_2.png

If you are using other i.MX6 products ,the methods are the same.

Hope this can help you~~ Any questions are pleasure.

Best Regards,

Dan

0 Kudos
emilmyhrman
Contributor IV

That explains it, thanks!

0 Kudos