cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6Q NFS booting problem

ashishgupta
Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to boot iMX6 sabresd board through NFS. I have downloaded sabresd android images from freescale only, "android_jb4.2.2_1.0.0-ga_image_bundle.tar.gz".

Host setup description:

1. I have copied and untar android_fs.tar.gz from NFS folder, to /opt/NFS/android_fs in host system. I have verified the NFS by mounting it locally using following command:

"sudo mount -t nfs localhost:/opt/NFS/android_fs ./temp_nfs".

2. Also i have copied uImage to /tftpboot and tested it.

3. Host is also configured for static ip (same ip address as set in uboot "serverip" environment variable).

Board setup description:

1. board is directly connected to host with ethernet cable.

2. uboot (uboot-imx-jb4.2.2_1.0.0-ga.tar.gz) is compiled and configured for proper environment variables to boot from tftp and nfs. Please find the details for kernel bootargs in the attached logs.

Problem statement:

1. kernel boots up properly from tftp (please verify from the logs).

2. android logo is visible on the HDMI TV.

3. But booting halts at last log of "Freeing init memory".

Please find the attached logs and provide the solution.

Original Attachment has been moved to: Sabre-_6Q_log1.TXT.txt.zip

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

nlsainath
Contributor I

I too have same problem can you update me by giving a solution

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,Level 1

0 Kudos

ashishgupta
Contributor III

Thanks Sun, for your response.

I would like to mention that all images (SD-card and emmc) on sabresd works on fb0 with settings video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,bpp=32 video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2=off. Also, we have only HDMI connection and nothing on LVDS.

Also while booting from NFS, i am able to see Android logo on HDMI output. But as mentioned, the HDMI output remains on android logo only and nothing happens after "Freeing init memory" log, not even android prompt appears on uart (when i press enter).

0 Kudos

sunajiang
Contributor III

Hi 

Have you solved this problem and share your solution ?  I met the same problem as you described.

0 Kudos

eugenevolkov
Contributor IV

Hi, my problem same!!!!

In HDMI output i see u-boot logo, i can see white logo "Yocto progect". But, when the X server starts, the screen goes black with a blinking cursor !!!

0 Kudos