PE universal multilink programming issue....

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PE universal multilink programming issue....

arunkumar1989
Contributor I

Hello everyone,

We have recently purchased a PE multilink universal programmer and are facing some issues with it.

Firstly as per the manual we had to upgrade to the latest firmware to support out K60 controller.which we did and the firmware was updated successfully.

But when programming/debugging in code warrior(10.3) we get a series of errors in the console.On repeated tries it finally programs and the code executes accordingly.But its mostly on a trial and error basis.We would like to sort out this issue as soon as possible.Is it a problem with the programmer or is my flash not configured correctly?Please Help..

Please Help.image1.pngimage2.pngimage3.pngimage4.pngimage5.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies

pavel_sadek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

be sure that your device complies with project setup!!!

that might be an issue.

there is also a possibility to use PE firmware update and diagnostic tool on www.pemicro.com

Pavel

0 Kudos

arunkumar1989
Contributor I

Hello Pavel,

Thank you for replying..

Could you explain your answer a bit more,i am not sure i follow.

I did update the firmware to the latest (utility comes in the CD given along with the programmer). And also i have checked if there are any driver issues,there are none(confirmed it using the PE driver test software from their website).

Sometimes it does program perfectly,but in most cases i get such errors!!!!

Please help

0 Kudos

hectorsanchez
Contributor IV

Hi Arun,

What Pavel suggest is to check the k60 you are using, make sure your k60 is correctly selected from this list when you make the project.

Capture.PNG.png

0 Kudos

arunkumar1989
Contributor I

We are using the Kinetis 60 series  MK60FN1MOVLQ12.

Yep i did check the name in my workspace and i have selected the very same controller.

@Pavel : I checked the physical reset line and there is continuity between them as well.

Also we had purchased the very same multilink programmer a few months back ,it is working perfectly every time we program with that !!!!

Edit:

This is just my observation:

But after frequent trials i can tell at which point it is programmer is hanging/showing error by checking the console logs:

Executing program ....       ->Programmer hangs

Performing target initialization ...     ->Error pops up

Erasing ...     ->Programmer hangs

Reading flash ID ...     ->Error pops up

0 Kudos

pavel_sadek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Arun,

so you have proved the issue is in the Multilink device then.

there might be something with the hw of the multilink or there might be failing firmware inside.

As previously suggested, i would recomend you to download firmware updater from PEmicro www site and update a firmware inside your multilink universal (you can compare functional one and failing one for firmware version and do the downgrade or upgrade on bad one using this tool)

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/08/04/virtual-comusb-cdc-for-osbdmosjtag/

Pavel

0 Kudos

arunkumar1989
Contributor I

Yep its definitely the multilinks issue.i reprogrammed the firmware again,also compared the firmwares b/t the working one and the faulty one(both have same firmware),but still getting these random errors.

We have requested  for a replacement and we will send back the faulty one to them.We are sharing the working programmer for now until the replacement comes.

Thanks Pavel :smileyhappy: for all your useful suggestions.

0 Kudos

pavel_sadek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI

this does not seem as SW related issue, I would advise  you  to check the reset line of your PCB. (between Multilink and MCU)

There are several K60 devices, be really sure, you are using the right one

send me the complete  marking of the device and I can take a look - compare it with the one from snapshots

Pavel

0 Kudos