Trouble getting my new BSP to show up in the MQX Code Warrior New Project Wizard.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble getting my new BSP to show up in the MQX Code Warrior New Project Wizard.

craigreed
Contributor I

I followed the directions in the MQX_BSP_Cloning Wizard_Getting Started (MQX 4.0.2 August 2013. ...including those stated in section 2.7 regarding  importing the registry file to windows and copying the XML file to : <codewarrior_install_dir>/MCU/lib/wizard_data/mqx/<mqx_version>/<architecture>/MYBSP. Still don't see my board as an option.  Should this work? Am I missing a step?

I am using CodeWarrior Version 10.5.0.FSL_b05010. It states that the plugin I have for MQXProjectWizard  is version 4.0 Plugin (version 1.4.0.201308281045) So I think this should work, Anyone have success with this? I am cloning a K60M100 configuration.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

handychandra
Contributor III

https://community.freescale.com/message/356271#356271

I have trouble getting the new bsp to show up too. This link will fix it.

Look at the section how to edit the xml. even though the document says the editing is for mqx 4.0 and 4.0.1, it works for 4.0.2 too

0 Kudos

craigreed
Contributor I

I found that the xml file created by the CodeWarrio BSP Cloning Wizard is incorrect, at least on my system

Inside of a typical  XML file (under  CW MCU v10.5/MCU/lib/wizard_data/mqx/4.0/arm...such ax mqx_twrk20d50m.xml, etc ) there is code the determines whether or not to display a particular bsp/eval board from the New Project Wizard (enablementCondition) The condition is a simple regexp as shown below..basically it matches everything in the directory. (small part of the xml from one of the xml files)

<uiExtension>

<pages>

<page id="mcu.mqxprojectwizard1.page.devices">

<uiElement id="mcu.mqxprojectwizard1.chip.list">

<elementChoice id="mcu.mqxprojectwizard1.board.list.kinetis">

<elementChoice name="KWIKSTIKK40X256 Board" id="mcu.mqxprojectwizard1.board.ID_BOARD_KWIKSTIKK40X256" systemTypeId="com.freescale.cw.system.kinetis.K40.MK40X256VMD100" contentHelp="KWIKSTIKK40X256 Board" enablementCondition="mcu.mqxprojectwizard1.board.ID_BOARD_KWIKSTIKK40X256.condition.available"/>

</elementChoice>

</uiElement>

</page>

</pages>

<conditions>

<condition id="mcu.mqxprojectwizard1.board.ID_BOARD_KWIKSTIKK40X256.condition.available">

<editTextMatchesExpression editTextId="com.freescale.mcu.mqxprojectwizard1.page.mqxselectboard.installedMQX" regexp=".*;4\.0;.*"/>

</condition>

However for a bsp file created with the cloning wizard it creates this

<editTextMatchesExpression editTextId="com.freescale.mcu.mqxprojectwizard1.page.mqxselectboard.installedMQX" regexp=".*;4\.0 MQX_BRIGHT60D100M;.*"/>

That regex will not match the actual name of the XML file. so it does not show up in the drop down. By changing this line (created by the cloning wizard) to have the simpler regexp included in all of the other pre-shipped wizard files, it works fine.

I guess I don't understand the logic of this, isn't this expression, that tries to determine if the file exists INSIDE the file that it is trying determine  exists?

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chris,

Not certain of the issue/error and I haven't personally tried this ..yet.

But I had a customer discover that the XML generated didn't support Windows 64-bit.  It has been raise as an issue and the tool will be updated to generate 32 and 64-bit XML friendly files.

Just passing along this info.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

craigreed
Contributor I

Thanks...maybe that is the problem...with respect to windows 64 bit (what year is this?.. :-)

I have found so many problems I have given up on trying to report them. All I can say is, no one tested this. No one.

0 Kudos