cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error parsing the memory configuration file

Jump to solution
dporada
Contributor III

When I try to debug with my program and the file tries to download to my PnE U-MultiLink, I get the following error message:

"There was an error parsing the memory configuration file:

Reserved range 0x200100000:0x5FFFFFFFF overlaps with Reserved

range 0x40000004:0x4000001F"

The .mem file looks like this:

usederivative "MK60D10"

//         Memory Map:

//         ----------------------------------------------------------------------

range      0x00000000 0x000003FF 4 ReadWrite // 1 KBytes   Code Flash and Read-only Data

range      0x00000400 0x0000040F 4 ReadWrite // 0 KBytes   Flash Configuration Field

range      0x00000410 0x0007FFFF 4 ReadWrite // 510 KBytes   Code Flash and Read-only Data

reserved   0x00080000 0x1FFEFFFF

range      0x1FFF0000 0x1FFFFFFF 4 ReadWrite // 64 KBytes   Tightly Coupled Memory Lower (TCML) SRAM (ICODE/DCODE)

range      0x20000000 0x2000FFFF 4 ReadWrite // 64 KBytes   Tightly Coupled Memory Upper(TCML) SRAM (ICODE/DCODE)

reserved   0x20010000 0x5FFFFFFF

range      0x60000000 0x600FFFFF 4 ReadWrite // 1 MBytes  

range      0x60100000 0x6011FFFF 4 ReadWrite // 128 KBytes  

reserved   0xE0100000 0xFFFFFFFF

I don't see the problem.  Are there any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Donald,

It seems this question/problem has been posted to support team too.

I found the SR:1-1179667447 associated to this issue.

My colleagues investigated the problem via the SR number.

Regards

Pascal

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Donald,

It seems this question/problem has been posted to support team too.

I found the SR:1-1179667447 associated to this issue.

My colleagues investigated the problem via the SR number.

Regards

Pascal

0 Kudos
glenn_calmotion
Contributor I

Can you share the results of the suggestion above so anyone with the same issue can benefit? (SR:1-1179667447)

0 Kudos
dporada
Contributor III

Glenn,

Actually, Ma Hui's suggestion is partially correct.  It seems to me that commenting out the reserved area was a work around for the .mem file that processor expert created.

The 1M of memory was defined in processor expert as external ram on the FlexBus.  I did not want to copy flash to external ram, but I could not find any way to prevent it in processor expert.  To "fix" the problem I needed to modify the "ProcessorExpert.lcf" file.  After a bit of trial and error, the project seems to build and debug.

Unfortunately, when I change anything that requires running processor expert, I must change the files back to their modified state.

Changing the ProcessorExpert settings to not make the .mem file seems to delete the file and the project cannot build.

I hope this helps.

Don

0 Kudos
Schwac
Contributor II

I am having this issue as well. Is this a bug in the software or something that we can configure to produce correctly, as opposed to the brute force method of modifying the .mem file every time we build?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

unfortunately, it's a bug in Processor Expert.  It will be fixed in the next CodeWarrior release.

The workaround is to comment-out the line (as it has been described) after each code re-generation.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

If you just using the Flexbus connects with external memory device, there is no need to modify the link config file and also with .mem file.

Wish it helps.

0 Kudos
dporada
Contributor III

Sorry, this doesn't help.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, if I don't modify the .mem file, I get the error shown above.  If I don't modify the link file, the program tries to do a copy to the external memory to initialize it and I get an error saying that I don't have enough memory.

Every time I change a setting with the flex bus settings in processor expert and rebuild, I must modify both files.  I've gotten to the point where I leave a modified copy of the link file up and after rebuilding the project, I paste it into the new link file.

Maybe there should be some information on setting up flex bus with processor expert to avoid this problem.

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In SR:1-1179667447 the debugger problem fixed way is:

The project application can be programmed when comment “reserved 0x2001000 …” in the <MK60DN512.mem > file.

This <MK60DN512.mem> file is located in {PRJ}/Project_Settings/Debugger/ folder.

More detailed info, please check attached picture.

mem_file.JPG.jpg

And In SR: 1-1179667447, the customer want to store 1M bytes data to Flash memory(after chip boot, copy to external RAM), which exceed the Flash size cause the problem.

Customer need to check data memory size not to exceed internal Flash memory size.

Wish it helps.

B.R.

Ma Hui

0 Kudos
dporada
Contributor III

Yes, I sent a service request after a couple days of people viewing my problem but nobody having a suggestion.  There is a work around suggested, but since I am on "vacation", I have not been able to try it.

Thanks for the responce.

0 Kudos