AnsweredAssumed Answered

LTIB - Strange problem building IMX6 Linux BSP from fresh on Ubuntu 13.10

Question asked by Makis Livadas on Oct 14, 2013
Latest reply on Nov 22, 2013 by Bill Pringlemeir

Decided to give the latest BSP a go and build it from fresh, remove /opt/freescale directory and installed new LTIB direcrory, from sources.

My Ubuntu 13.10 system already has a build version of the Linux BSP so it has all the necessary packages required to build it.

However when I try to rebuild from fresh it fails straight away when it tries to build rpm-fs package.

I believe the problem is the new version of Ubuntu 13.10. Usually a bit of trial and error fixes the problem and I can build the BSP, but in this case the problem appears a bit more stubborn.

Below is a trace with the failure I am getting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Making all in tools
make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/rpm-makis/BUILD/rpm-4.0.4/tools'
/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wno-char-subscripts  -o dump  dump.o ../build/librpmbuild.la ../lib/librpm.la ../rpmdb/librpmdb.la ../rpmio/librpmio.la ../popt/libpopt.la
gcc -g -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wno-char-subscripts -o .libs/dump dump.o  ../build/.libs/librpmbuild.so ../lib/.libs/librpm.so ../rpmdb/.libs/librpmdb.so ../rpmio/.libs/librpmio.so -lz -lbz2 -lrt -lpthread ../popt/.libs/libpopt.so -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/opt/freescale/ltib/usr/lib
../rpmio/.libs/librpmio.so: undefined reference to `aio_suspend'
../rpmdb/.libs/librpmdb.so: undefined reference to `pthread_condattr_setpshared'
../rpmdb/.libs/librpmdb.so: undefined reference to `pthread_mutexattr_setpshared'
../rpmio/.libs/librpmio.so: undefined reference to `aio_return'
../rpmdb/.libs/librpmdb.so: undefined reference to `pthread_mutex_trylock'
../rpmio/.libs/librpmio.so: undefined reference to `aio_read'
../rpmdb/.libs/librpmdb.so: undefined reference to `pthread_mutexattr_init'
../rpmio/.libs/librpmio.so: undefined reference to `aio_error'
../rpmdb/.libs/librpmdb.so: undefined reference to `pthread_mutexattr_destroy'
../rpmio/.libs/librpmio.so: undefined reference to `aio_cancel'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [dump] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/rpm-makis/BUILD/rpm-4.0.4/tools'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/rpm-makis/BUILD/rpm-4.0.4'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
error: Bad exit status from /home/makis/imx6/ltib/tmp/rpm-tmp.cnutYF (%build)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /home/makis/imx6/ltib/tmp/rpm-tmp.cnutYF (%build)
Build time for rpm-fs: 17 seconds

Failed building rpm-fs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outcomes