cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mxc_spi, dma and m25p80

woutervh
Contributor IV

Hello,

First of all, I'm using kernel 2.6.35 from the maintain branch of freescale.

I have a custom board based on IMX53 (industrial graded, 800Mhz). On this, I added an SPI nor flash (m25p32).

In the config I added all necessary drivers for it. It gets detected okay and I thought everything was ok. Until I wanted to use it.

Seems like everything coming from it is garbage (in linux).

I checked everything with a scope and seems like incoming and outgoing data is ok. (verifyed by writing something and reading it back). However, it gets lost somewhere else.

This is where I start digging into the code and stumbled upon a check "master_drv_data->usedma"; which checked if a IORESOURCE_DMA is defined. As it is, it continues assuming it has DMA.

To check if it had some influence,  in arch/arm/mach_mx5/devices.c, I commented out everything of DMA in mxcspi1_resources and mxcspi1_device and recompiled, so that it wouldnt be used by mxc_spi.

Now it works flawlessly!

I'm a bit worried though. How does it come that it doesn't work with DMA? Do I have to configure something somewhere else? Do I need extra files/drivers?

Grtz,

Wouter

Labels (2)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Wouter

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Wouter

We are sorry for getting back to you so late. Are you still stuck with the issue? If you have somehow to resolved the

issue, can we close the discussion? If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,
Yixing

0 Kudos

woutervh
Contributor IV

Anybody?

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Wouter

We have not got your response yet and will close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos