How to support android charger function on iMX6+PF0100 platform?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to support android charger function on iMX6+PF0100 platform?

raymondwang
Senior Contributor I

Dear all,

We want to support android charge function based on iMX6+PF0100 platform but no sense to detect power on event source.

As my understanding,there are some status for android charging.

1.AC on while android is shutdown, system is on then uboot and kernel startup only one charger application run.(/proc/cmdline with parameter androidboot.mode=charger)

2.Charger application will detect power key to enter normal android boot flow (reboot as normal);

Since normal uboot boot and charge-only uboot boot run with same routine, how can distinguish them?

Anyone can help us?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Raymond,

I’m a Hardware guy with some expertise in PMICs, for this hardware side, I can mention that the MMPF0100 does not have a battery charger included, so if you want to use a battery charger you would need to add an external battery charger.

We have a design using the i.mx6 and the MMPF0100 where we used external battery chargers, you can find the schematics of this design in the link below, just click on “Printed Circuit Boards and Schematics-Schematics (1)” and then download the “i.MX6_SABRE_SDP_DESIGNFILES”

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=RDIMX6SABREPLAT&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Too...

I hope this can be useful for your application.

Regards,

Jose

raymondwang
Senior Contributor I

Our design is based on SDP. MAX8903 was adopted to work as battery charger. But it can't support charger wakeup.

0 Kudos

Yogee
Contributor III

Dear Raymond,

We too have one design but did not include MAX8903 instead we used MC34673 and one Buck boost with 3.3V output to PMIC MMPF0xx. We have once concered about Switching regulator of PMIC with 3.3V out. If Vin is 3.3v then how would be the output efficiency. DO we need to have Vin=4 ot 4.2V or 3.3V should be ok.

We also have some other option of using TI battery charger BQ24192RGET which support narrow VDC and supply 4.2V to the system and tp PMIC. Since our system is lowest cost device we wanted to design so avoiding expensive chargers.

Regards

Yogee

0 Kudos