Which version of AN2295 is correct? Does the KL25 support 64 bit Phrase programming?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which version of AN2295 is correct? Does the KL25 support 64 bit Phrase programming?

bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

There are multiple version of AN2295 floating around.  The one that is dated Oct/2013 Rev 13 has Flash code for the Kinetis flash_kinetis.c version :

* @author  R20253

* @version 1.0.1.0

* @date       May-18-2012

The version of AN2295 found here in the forum has two version for July of 2013 with code:

* @author  R20253

* @version 1.0.17.0

* @date    Feb-15-2013

At issue here is the Flash Programming Command FCMD=0x07 to program 64 bit phrases, and FCMD=0x0B to program sections.

Rev 1.0.1.0 uses FCMD=0x0B to program sections, while Rev 1.0.17.0 uses FCMD=0x07 to program phrases.

The problem is that there is no indication in the MKL25Z128VLK4 data sheet that the FCMD=0x07 phrase programing nor FCMD=0x0B section programming are supported.

It only indicates that 32-bit long words is supported via FCMD=0x06.

AN2295 is either relying on unimplemented functions, or the data sheet is not documenting needed functions.

Which is it?

It would also help us all to stomp out all version except the correct one.  Depending on where you search for AN2295 on the Freescale website you are taken to different versions of the application note with different versions of the code.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Bob:

I do not know about the commands, that needs to be checked; however I noticed that just today latest revisions (I think so) of both code/appnote have been released in Freescale Web Page, so you don't have to struggle with the different versions around the community.

0 Kudos

bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

The one I found today is Oct/2013 Rev 13  PDF and is now linked with the Feb-15-2013 version 1.0.17.0 that still uses the undocumented (on the KL25) FCMD=0x07 Phrase Programming.

Also finding Freescale's web site rather useless anymore.  In Chrome yesterday it was impossible to log into the forum here.  Always said my password was bad even when it wasn't.  Today going to http://www.freescale.com in Chrome takes me to http://www.freescale.com/ko/ and tells me "Page Not Found" in Korean.  How can the home page not be found?  All works fine in Firefox.

0 Kudos