cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2S with external oscillator

Finnladn
Contributor I

Hello

Has anyone tried to use the sgtl5000 codec with the iMX53 so that it is clocked by an external oscillator instead of the cpu?

I have this scenario on a custom board where the CODEC is connected to the same port as in the imx53-loco. The changes ive done are

that sgtl5000_init is just:

static int mxc_sgtl5000_init(void)
{
sgtl5000_data.sysclk = 14000000;

return 0;
}

Since the oscillator is 14 MHz. By default the CODEC is the master so there are no changes there.

But when I try to play an audio file it seems that the SSI goes to trigger but no data is clocked out and ALSA times out.

I can measure both bit and word clock on the I2S pins but no data.

Has anybody encountered this problem before?

Thanks

//Henrik

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Henrik

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Henrik

We have not got your response yet and will close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Henrik

We are sorry for getting back to you so late. Are you still stuck with the issue? If you have somehow to resolved the

issue, can we close the discussion? If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,
Yixing

0 Kudos