mauricio fernandez montoya

Trouble controlling some bipolar stepper motors...

Discussion created by mauricio fernandez montoya on Jul 29, 2007
Latest reply on Aug 1, 2007 by mauricio fernandez montoya
Hi!!!!
in this moment i have 2 bipolar stepper motors from an old epson stylus 600 that a friend gave to me.   this motors  works  with 42 volts but  i discovered that they work fine at 12 volts.  the measurement of phase's resistance is about 5 - 6 ohms, that represents 2 and a half amperes.  the first time i tried using the original  motor controler (a disgusting ic with 28 pins and high amount of signals to control).  The B plan was a array of 4 discrete h bridges with transistors ( 2SC1162 and 2SA715) , but i noticed that they got very very hot at first, and some minutes later  they just blow out - specially the A715.  i have some integrated h bridges from freescale ( 33886).  In colombia is too hard to find that kind of stuff, and i dont want to broke them... (jeje, i dont have a second chance to use them).  so, should i connect the stepper motors to them or i have to do something else????

please i need some help.... thanks..

ahh, sorry, i know that this forum is about hc08 microcontrollers, but i couldn´t found another way to expose my problem... plus, i want to control the bipolar steppers with hc908gp32 microcontroller....

Greetings.... Mauricio

Message Edited by mauricio2346 on 2007-07-29 05:43 AM

Message Edited by mauricio2346 on 2007-07-29 05:44 AM

Outcomes