cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write external flash SPI

ioniriondo
Contributor I

Hi,

I've got a module with the Kinetis PK60X256 and I need to write to an external Flash. This external flash is a Micron M25P80 Serial Flash.

To do this, I'm using an example of SPI communication for the K40x256 DMA. But I'm not sure if this is totally compatible with my MCU.

Is this example's code compatible with what I need? I ask this, because I don't get what I suppose that I should get.

And, if it is, I would need to know how to write a READ IDENTIFICATION  function to start checking things to know what could be wrong, but in the example, almost all the functions are WRITE  functions, so I don't know how to build a Read function. These are the functions that I'm using from the example commented:

//INIT

SPI_Init

//WRITE

Mem_WriteEnable

Mem_WriteSR

Mem_Set4TXDMA

DMA_Init_Tx

SPI_DMA

//READ

DMA_Init_Rx

SPI_DMA_Rx

Mem_EraseSector

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

egoodii
Senior Contributor III

I are working very well here with an M25P16.  I'm not ready to just 'give' our routines to the 'whole world', but if you contact me at goodrich@lectronix.biz I will be happy to supply our ID and read/write routines.  We don't use DMA, partially because at the times-of-access saving the CPU cycles is not useful, but just as much because doing DMA with this SPI module is 'difficult', what with the packed command bytes in every write cycle.

0 Kudos

albertolubeiro
Contributor III

Hi Earl,

I have solved the read problem and apparently also the bulk erase problem.

What i have done is to uncomment the line "SPI2_MCR |= SPI_MCR_CLR_RXF_MASK;  //Make sure each command starts out with empty Rx FIFO" into the function "fnSPI_command"

Now the only problem is that i still can't erase a sector.

Any help will be apreciated.

Thanks and best regards

0 Kudos