cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debuging u-boot with Codewarrior

Jump to solution
yensid
Contributor III

I'm trying to build u-boot so that I can debug it with CodeWarrior 10.3 and I'm having no luck building an elf file.  I followed the directions below but I cannot locate an elf file. I'm using v1.4 of the SDK for the p1010rdb.  Everything builds with no errors but there is no elf file in the release>temp>work>p1010rdb-fsl_networking-linux-gnuspe location or any other location that I have found showing dates modified during my build.

Any ideas what I'm missing here?

Thanks

Q: How to build u-boot/kernel with debugger (CodeWarrior support)?

A: For u-boot:

1. $ cd <yocto_install_path>
  2. $ bitbake -c cleansstate u-boot
  3. Modify the u-boot_git.bb file and add following content:
    • $ cd meta-fsl-ppc/recipes-kernel/u-boot
    • $ add 'EXTRA_OEMAKE += "CONFIG_CW=1"' in u-boot_git.bb file
  4. Rebuild u-boot:
    • $ bitbake u-boot
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Fist you should set the build environment with: source ./fsl-setup-poky -m p1010rdb and not use the -l option (lite mode). This will remove building files once the package is build. After build is complete use should search in build folder after u-boot (find -name u-boot) and then try to find the elf file (u-boot file don't have .elf extension) with file ./tmp/.../u-boot.

Usually u-boot executable is placed in (exemple for p4080ds board) ./tmp/work/p4080ds-fsl_networking-linux/u-boot/git-r33/git/P4080DS/

Adrian

View solution in original post

2 Replies
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Fist you should set the build environment with: source ./fsl-setup-poky -m p1010rdb and not use the -l option (lite mode). This will remove building files once the package is build. After build is complete use should search in build folder after u-boot (find -name u-boot) and then try to find the elf file (u-boot file don't have .elf extension) with file ./tmp/.../u-boot.

Usually u-boot executable is placed in (exemple for p4080ds board) ./tmp/work/p4080ds-fsl_networking-linux/u-boot/git-r33/git/P4080DS/

Adrian

yensid
Contributor III

Thanks for your help Adrian.  I was able to use the debugger to download the code.