I'm trying to build u-boot so that I can debug it with CodeWarrior 10.3 and I'm having no luck building an elf file. I followed the directions below but I cannot locate an elf file. I'm using v1.4 of the SDK for the p1010rdb. Everything builds with no errors but there is no elf file in the release>temp>work>p1010rdb-fsl_networking-linux-gnuspe location or any other location that I have found showing dates modified during my build.
Any ideas what I'm missing here?
Q: How to build u-boot/kernel with debugger (CodeWarrior support)?
A: For u-boot:
- $ cd <yocto_install_path>
- $ bitbake -c cleansstate u-boot
- Modify the u-boot_git.bb file and add following content:
- $ cd meta-fsl-ppc/recipes-kernel/u-boot
- $ add 'EXTRA_OEMAKE += "CONFIG_CW=1"' in u-boot_git.bb file
- Rebuild u-boot:
- $ bitbake u-boot