CW 10.5: possible bug on ExtInt component and NMI pin?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 10.5: possible bug on ExtInt component and NMI pin?

Sedorf
Contributor II

I have downloaded the CW 10.5 and i have tried to make a small project, but i found a small problem.

Few components in the proj:
Cpu: kinetis kl25z128 (as in the FRDM-KL25Z)
ExtInt: (general input pin as hardware interrupt source) on pin PTA4 (yes, the NMI pin)

Even though i disabled the NMI pin in the Internal peripherals properties of component inspector Cpu, the PE found an error on ExtInt component relative to PTA4 pin: Peripheral “TSI0_CH5/PTA4/I2C1_SDA/TPM0_CH1/NMI_b does not support interrupt"

And if you try to make the same project with the 10.4 version, it build without errors! May be a small bug?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
1 Reply

Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

We have analyzed it and it's a bug in Processor Expert. We are working on the fix. Please excuse the inconvenience, thank you for reporting this.

For now as a workaround, you can use the Init_GPIO component to handle the interrupt on the PTA4/NMI pin.

I attach an example project configure this way (provides external interrupt for PTA4/NMI pin on falling edge).

The interrupt handler is inside the events.c and in the project there is only clearing of and interrupt flag (that needs to be there) and toggling of FRDM-KL25 LED.

That is the place for your external interrupt event handling code.

best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos